Connect. Great people.
A. Raymond Tinnerman is a leading global innovator of high quality plastic and metal fastening solutions for the automotive and commercial industry. If you are looking to be a key member of a team dedicated to excellence and driven to succeed, then we have the following opportunities for you.
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Interface with the customer to fully understand their needs and requirements.
• Develop design proposals that meet the customers’ requirements.
• Validate new concepts through performance testing on prototype or similar parts.
• Generate all required documentation (DFM, DFMEA, DVP&R, etc.)
• Review customer RFQ requests and confirm acceptability of dimensions, tolerances and material selections.
• Provide engineering support to Program Management and the APQP process
• Communicate with the customer to update them on current status and technical issues regarding active projects.
• Lead the effort on Engineering Changes required for improved performance, to address manufacturing concerns or to validate alternative materials.
• Assist with any quality issues on current production parts including our response to customer concerns/complaints with part performance.
• Maintain relationships with the engineering organizations of customers, suppliers and OEMs.
• Track status of all assigned projects and provide updates as requested.
• Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience within white goods industry
• Prior experience with fasteners
• CAD experience (CATIA V5 or ProE)
• Proven experience with necessary to create required documentation (DFMEA, DVP&R, DFM, etc)
• Proven experience with technical presentations.
• Demonstrated success thru technical selling
• Launch experience.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)